Saturday 23 October 2010

BBC Once a Whore Always a Whore



I think my computer is stuck in a time warp, bogged down in some cyber-hole of the past week, what other possible reason could there be for all my searches coming up blank?

I do so hope there is another reason, because as clever as my geek is, I think he might struggle a biteen with a fix if this is the case.

Perhaps I should email the BBC and ask them to direct me to their reporting on the decision of the Portuguese court to lift the injunction against Goncalo Amaral and his Book, A Verdade Da Mentira, The Truth About The Lie. I shall have to do something because I'm at a loss to find a word about it. Have a butchers at this lot that I grabbed from the web not thirty minutes ago. See if you can find a bit of something, because I'm buggered if I can.


This is the Google result, not much there that I can see, apart from that is, a second hand story about a misinterpretation. Now who was it that first gave us that little gem, it wasn't BBC East Midlands reporter ........no shurely shome mishtake?


As I say, not much there, so orf to the BBC I went and searched their site. You can see the search terms in the bar and the subsequent results. Better ring me geek.




‘Do remember that dishonesty and cowardice always have to be paid for. Don’t imagine that for years on end you can make yourself the boot-licking propagandist of the McCanns*, or any other rĂ©gime, and then suddenly return to mental decency. Once a whore, always a whore.’ As I Please
(*Soviet regime)


And whilst we on the screen shot gig, have a sandwich. Nice bread, shame about the filling.