Wednesday 5 May 2010

For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox


For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn.
And, The labourer is worthy of his reward. (1 Tim. 5:17–18)


Look upon this little post as an update for that below.

If at first glance you think that the relative part of the verse is the "muzzling," whereas that would be understandable, it would in fact, be in error. It's the other bit, the reward bit; the labourer is worthy of his reward, that's the bit that concerns us.

Which, if you will allow me a small digression, I always thought went along these lines: The labourer worthy of his hire is equal (or can sit) among kings. But must be said, theology was never my strong point.

So of my labour? it constituted of sitting through that turgid display of lies and bad taste, the McCann's latest piece of propaganda, the much talked about video. Yes that one, the one, talking points apart, depicts the McCanns working their little fingers to the bone, well yes, depicts.

And the reward for my labours? a little something, that at the time was a message almost subliminal. For it was only my intended use of the second of these three graphics, in a work in progress, that a bell rang.

So for having sat through the thing again, for I had no choice if I wanted confirmation, I duly received my reward.

You may remember some while ago, I featured the first image, again taken from a propaganda piece. I used that image to ask a question, the second one of the three shown here, the third and last, captured from the video, has Kate McCann sat in somewhat different surroundings than those on previous occasions.

Do you know, I think a more cynical person than I, might go as far as to say.....no, that's far too cynical a thought.