Somebody who shall be nameless set me off on this tangent by making mention of Ed Smart (Mormon) and Gerry McCann, this for example.
Larry King Show...
KING: Ed Smart, you, too, had to listen to reports of your daughter's death.
SMART: I did. And Elizabeth was and is alive. And Gerry truly believes that Madeleine is still alive, and this is diverting the attention from where it needs to be. And this morning when I spoke with him, he was so concerned that the Portugal police were under such pressure, he says, "Ed, I would not be surprised if they, you know, don't plant evidence in the car, you know, to have them think that there's DNA in this car that I rented after the fact is just outrageous, and what could they possibly have? There's no chance in the world." And you know, he is just ...
Not unnaturally I have a bit trouble when I read stuff like this, primarily because of it's content, but coming from a very hinky bloke, which I won't go into here, I have to ask myself just what passes for reality in the mind of Ed Smart and others like him.
Just one observation though before I move on.
If you are not familiar with the system, then I don't think you can possibly conceive just how difficult and how rare it is to be declared unfit to stand trial within the US justice system. So rare in fact, it would be like finding a church that didn't want your money.
. . . . . I'm sure it's not gone unnoticed with you, that on the rare occasions that the comments section is open, and particularly when it involves the Daily McMail, it's always people of faith who swallow this thing whole and there are always prayers involved.
It's not by coincidence either, that these same people that leave such comments are the same ones that earn themselves downward pointing red arrows that signify disagreement with said comments.
They receive these red arrows, not in tens or scores, but by the hundreds. It's to these people and all others of a similar ilk, that I have to say this, and I do it knowingly that it will offend some of you that visit here, but it must be said.
If you honestly believe that there is a supernatural omnipresent omnipotent super-being that listens to your silent entreaties, then intercedes in a physical way on your behalf, on this dust mote in the sky that we call Earth, then I think you have a problem.
It is this unquestioning faith, that not only defies common sense, but deifies the laws of physics, that leads people into believing the likes of what is writ below.
In my next post I shall be looking at a person of faith who is a staunch supporter of the McCanns.
If you think this below is off the wall, you ain't seen nothing yet.
Bizarre Mormon Beliefs
1. Mormons believe god was a man and then Aliens made him a God.
2. God lives on a planet called Kolob.
3. That God got basically physical with Mary. So she was not a virgin.
4. Jesus and Satan are brothers.
5. Black people are black because they stayed neutral and didn’t decide between Jesus or Satan so they were cursed with black skin by Elohim.
6. The also believe Native Americans are Israelites.
7. That Joseph Smith is a descendant of Jesus.
8. That when they die, they will become the God of there own planet.
9. That you need to know the secret Mormon password which is a handshake of some sort for when you meet Elohim (God), Jesus and Joseph Smith.
10. That you are more likely to get into the celestial kingdom if you have at least 10 wives not just one.
11. It is a Mormon tradition to baptize the dead.
12. They believe that the Garden of Eden was in Missouri in the USA.
13. That dinosaur fossils were created by Satan to deceive the world about the truth of creation.
14. Satan controls all the water in the world.
15. Jesus was married and he had more than one wife and a bunch of kids.
16. That only Mormon men can perform miracles and only the men but the women could receives these miracles.
17. They wear weird white underwear/ spiritual armor.
The Mormon magic underwearMormons believe the magic underwear can protect them against the following: • Knife attacks
Other weird things about Mormons:
• Many Mormons use fake swear words like Fetch and Flip and what the heck.
• Mormons tend to have large families.
• Many Mormons do not drink anything with caffeine, so Caffeine-free
• Most men (ages 19) and many women (ages 21) dedicate 2 years or 1.5
• years respectively to being missionaries and not only do they not receive
Pay, they pay to do it! There is no dating or movies or schooling during that time.
• They also do not choose where in the world they go. Pretty remarkable, really.
• Mormons are commanded to not drink alcohol, tea or coffee, smoke,
or use recreational drugs.
• Mormons are commanded to not have sex outside of the bonds of marriage.
• Mormons pay 10% of their income to the church as a tithe.
• Mormons who have been to the temple wear sacred undergarments as a
Symbol of covenants made there.
• Mormons meet for 3 hours every Sunday (that’s a lot of meetings!).
• Mormons believe in other scriptures in addition to the Bible, particularly The Book of Mormon.
• Mormons address each other as Brother and Sister.
• Mormons believe in a lay clergy and so they often have? Callings or responsibilities within the church. For example, they may teach Sunday school, direct the youth program, or perform other similar duties for which they are not paid.
Previous short posts of mine featuring in the main a Mormon man of God.
Hat tip and thanks for the list, Darren's Blog