Sunday 13 December 2009

A Quotation or Two


I have little doubt that there are countless other quotes that could be employed here, these are just those few I collected yesterday, prior to loosing interest that is.




"Being a low life worthless piece of shit I feel no remorse in desecrating the name and memory of our dead daughter Madeleine.

Equally I feel no shame in besmirching the names of my two remaining children, no matter how vile and repugnant this may appear to anybody possessed of decency and an ethical moral code.

Possessing neither decency or an ethical moral code myself, and fuelled by a most earnest desire that we may never face the kind of justice that we so richly deserve, I shall, on behalf of my wife and myself, carry on in the same disgraceful and reprehensible manner to which by now you are all well accustomed."

(Well perhaps I can't attribute the above directly to the lying fuck, but you get the idea I'm sure.

~ ~ ~


"We are pleased with the Judge’s decision preventing further distribution and sale of Mr Amaral’s book and DVD –‘The Truth of the Lie’.

“Mr. Amaral’s central thesis has no evidence whatsoever to support it. To claim as he did, that Madeleine is dead, and that we, her parents, were in some way involved with her disappearance, has caused our family incredible distress and it continues to do so.

“Without doubt, Madeleine will have suffered as a result of the negative effect this book and DVD will have had on the search for her.

“Sean and Amelie need protection too from such awful claims. (see above)

“Hopefully this injunction today will go a long way towards reducing further unnecessary and unjust distress to us all and allow people to concentrate completely on what is important - finding Madeleine,” the statement read.

~ ~ ~

“There’s one thing that has been revealed in the case files which is that there is no evidence that Madeleine is dead and there is no evidence to suggest that Kate and I were involved in any theories. It’s about Madeleine. As her parents, I hope people understand that we have to do what we are doing.” (If I had a nickel for every time I have heard this, I'd have more money than the fund.)
~ ~ ~

"Freedom of speech should not include distortion of the truth, lies, fabrication and slander," said Kate McCann on Friday. (Never a truer word, never a one. You've haven't been taking foot in mouth lessons from Mitchell, perchance?)
Gerry McCann added: "The key thing here is we're here to fight for our daughter, and if anyone steps over the lines then they should be prepared to defend what they say in court." (I think that became quite apparent on Friday, don't you?)

~ ~ ~

When asked about how he felt about meeting Gonçalo Amaral again, he said: “I haven’t thought about it. We are here for the trial. We’re not here to meet Mr. Amaral,” he said. He added: “We believe that the law will do justice.” (Of course not Gerry, never gave him a thought did you?)
~ ~ ~
Their spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said: "It's regrettable that Mr Amaral chooses to do this on the same day as the trial opening.

"Most people would expect him to concentrate on the trial rather than launching any new book and the court will take its own view of his activities." (Yes Clarence, most regrettable, and pray tell us when you became the spokesman for "most people"?)
~ ~ ~
McCanns condemn new book
Leicestershire couple Kate and Gerry McCann have condemned a Portuguese policeman for launching his second book on the day a libel trial is to start over his first book on Madeleine case.
(The last time someone condemned a book without reading it, Salman Rushdie ended up with a price on his head.)

~ ~ ~

English journalist named Kier Simmons who was constantly and rudely interrupting Mr. Amaral, he said multiple times, “Why don’t you speak in English for our viewers? Can’t you give us an answer in English?” (You make me so proud Sir, how well you deport yourself, both as a journalist and as an Englishman, we must meet up for a beer sometime, we really must.)

~ ~ ~

He says his new book has emerged from his indignation in the face of censorship. - GA (Rather reminds me of the author who wrote his second novel from the movie based on his first.)

~ ~ ~

Q: Have these two years been difficult?

If the path was easy, what would our merit be? - Goncalo Amaral (Respect Sir, respect.)

~ ~ ~

I once asked Joana what she must have thought an extremely naive question, why "Dr" Amaral, I guess I'm just not used to associating cops with doctorates.