Wednesday 10 February 2010

Unfinished Business: The Dogs Revisited

No great post this, just a few words to finished off a previous post that was cut short when my enmity got the better of me. I don't suppose I would have made mention of it really, but I had a prompt or two from McCann's Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte as she feebly tried to make a case for her clients in her summing up.

As much as can be gathered from the courtroom tweets she sounded pretty desperate, her diatribe I shall not, cannot really, go into.

A measure of her desperation reflected, not only in her calling (cop) Ricardo Paiva a liar, after he had left the stand I might add, accusing Goncalo Amaral of seeking revenge, and then for reasons known only to herself, decided to bring the dogs into the mix by offering this.



-->
Tweets from the courthouse.
5:07 @hannahtp: Duarte says Pavia has lied to the court during these proceedings. She says he has been inconsistent about the accuracy of sniffer dogs

5:22 @hannahtp: Duarte said that during the Madeleine investigation Pavia stated the sniffer dogs had failed at least once.

Which in turn motivates me to add one more photo to the previous post, An Interview With Sandra Felgueiras. You might ask, why go to this trouble for one graphic and one seemingly inconsequential question? and I can answer, unlike Gerry McCann of course, that it is far from inconsequential, and it is so because Gerry McCann cannot in fact furnish an answer.

And in not being able to give us an answer, makes his opinions about the dogs and all his pontifications, quite worthless, laughable in fact. And this answer or rather non-answer is just one more we can add to his anthology of lies, as we can add another bullet to our arsenal.

Just a reminder then of where we were when I abrubtly terminated Sandra's interview with the McCanns, both video of the interview and the transcript can be found here at The Maddie Case Files.

Perhaps I should say if you haven't as yet seen my previous interpretation of An Interview with Sandra Felgueiras, you might wish to do so before moving down this page.


Sandra: But this is the first time that you give us a big interview not being arguidos, not being arguidos. Since then. erm. So now I feel free to ask you this directly. How can you explain the coincidence of the scent of cadaver found by British and not Portuguese dogs?

Kate: Sandra, maybe you should ask the judiciary because they have examined all evidence. I mean we are also Madeleine's mum and dad and we are desperate for people to help us find Madeleine which is why we are here today. The majority of people are inherently good and I believe the majority of people in Portugal are inherently good people and I am asking them if they will help us spread this message to that person or people...

Sandra: So you don't have an explanation for that?

Gerry: Ask the dogs (smirk) Sandra.

Sandra: Ask the dogs? No Gerry. Now I feel free to ask you, don't you feel free to answer me?

Gerry: I can tell you that we have also looked at evidence about (haha) cadaver dogs and they are incredibly unreliable.

Sandra: Unreliable?

Gerry: Cadaver dogs, yes. That's what the evidence shows, if they are tested scientifically.



A simple enough question, do you think we might get a simple answer?